Fitness Blog IconInstagram-Logo-1indexj]blog-lovin-icon_zpsbf482c6a

Features

Sunday, November 21, 2010

I am FREE

I have finally finished my exams and completed my third year at university! The last couple of weeks passed so slowly and there were many times where it felt like it would never end. I have thought about this day so many times before and sometimes it doesn't even feel real that it has finally come and the academic semester is over. Ever since I finished my last exam on Saturday evening I have to keep reminding myself that this is actually real. It feels incredible. In my opinion, there is no better feeling than finishing exams and knowing that I am free for the entire summer. As many of you know I have found this year extremely hard and I have faced so many challenges both related and unrelated to university. I think back to the first week of this year and how close I was to quitting university and also how many times I have found the strength to keep going with sometime that I dislike so much. Against this background, I am so incredibly pleased and proud of myself for making it this far. The best part is that, depending on my results for the semester, I should have completed the requirements of my commerce degree. I need to decide if I will continue with my law degree or just leave with my commerce degree and get a job next year. This is an incredible achievement for me. I never thought I could do it and it makes me so emotional to think about it because of all the obstacles I have outcome to get to where I am now. Apart from when I finished high school I have not felt such a sense of achievement. There is no real way to describe how I feel right now. I have so much to look forward to in the next few months and I also need to decide which direction in want to take in life from here.

This is Rydog's dad's cat Bushy who I have come to know well in the last few weeks. She is the most beautiful cat and I thought she would make a lovely accompaniment to this post.

IMG_0315

I have missed you all so much. One of the first things I wanted to do when I finished my last exam was to come on here. I will be back to regular blogging and outfit posting in a couple of days. There are so many things that I want to do these holidays. I don't even want to sleep because I am so excited as it feels like I have my life back. I want to enjoy these moments.

31 comments:

Panty Buns said...

Congrats on finishing your exams and third year! As winter swiftly approaches here, the leaves are mostly fallen, and it's getting colder I can't help but wonder what Sydney will be like in the coming months. Love the photo of Bushy the cat. Whatever direction you decide to go you have my best wishes. Do enjoy these moments. I'm a bit envious wishing I was your age again, and always wonder how my life would have turned out if I'd taken a different path. I do remember how wonderful it felt physically to be your age. :-)

daisychain said...

congratulations on finishing! xx

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Yaaaaaaaaay!!!!! I am SO EXCITED for you. This is wonderful news. Congratulations on finishing it all and surviving it all. Lol. I knew you could do it, but I knew the road to the end was going to be incredibly difficult. My heart ached to see you so stressed out and in such turmoil.

Good luck with the decisions you need to make in the next couple months. I am sure you will choose the path which is right for you.

I hope you enjoy this wonderful time off. I am looking forward to more outfit posts and a happier Imogen. ;)

I love that photo of Ry's kitty cat. She is very beautiful and looks very sweet. Cats are one of my favorite animals, so it saddens me that I am allergic to them. I always thought they would be the perfect pet for me...sigh.

xoxo!

PinkBow said...

congratulations, it must be quite a feeling!

Name said...

CONGRATULATIONS! now you should celebrate!

Rose said...

Yay! Holiday time is the greatest feeling thats for sure. Hope youve got a big celebration planned. My boyfriend finishes his degree in about a weeks time too :) after 4 long years! Im excited for him too.

Rose

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Congratulations, Imogen! I knew you could do it. I'm so very happy for you :)

Isn't Bushy just a cutie! I love cats that have those big tufts of soft fur.

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

well done! x hivennn.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ah, congratulations for finishing exams and completing your third year of university, Imogen - what a wonderful accomplishment!

Bushy is adorable, by the way - I LOVE cats!! :)

ChYmEc!nDy** said...

Thats good dear. im happy for you. its time to relax.

Couture Carrie said...

Congrats, darling!

Yay!!

xoxox,
CC

Audrey Allure said...

Congrats on finishing! :) Cute cat.

www.janetteria.com said...

Congrats, Honey!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

daywalker said...

Hey, congratulations dear. You did it!!! I'm really glad I read your post this morning as I still have two weeks of classes left and last minute stuff to do, it's hectic. You've inspired me to go to class this morning as I was going to go later.
So thank you, and it's great to hear that you've finished for the year :)

The Sydney Girl said...

congratulations!

thesydneygirl.com

Josie said...

Congratulations on finishing your third year, my dear! So exciting!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Stéphanie said...

Congrats dear !

Leia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :D

Leia

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Congrats on finishing lady!

Anonymous said...

Cute kitty!

congrats on finishing tests!


xoxo
Miss Neira

stylenuggets said...

Congrats - you've done it. I do recall the excited feeling when I completed my degree. And do take time off to enjoy yourself and 'smell the roses' as it were!

Style, She Wrote said...

Congratulations!!!! Enjoy the free time!

michelle_ said...

wooohhoooo congrats for the commerce degree !
i cant wait to see new posts coming in from you :) :)

the cat is really CUTE :)

Sher said...

Oh congrats on finishing your exam and your third year! It must be so exciting to have the whole summer ahead of you, to do whatever you want!! I wish we could trade places lol:)

xx

Unknown said...

congrats!

Missy
Blending Style, Celebs and Fashion
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

Sophie said...

Congratulations on finishing all your exams! Enjoy your time off and not having to think properly for a while :) xo

pearls-and-timepieces.blogspot.com

Andreia said...

Congratulations!! enjoy your freedom!!! :)


http://makingfashionnotwar.blogspot.com/

Winnie said...

Oh a big congratulations to you and a good luck for whatever you choose to do afterwards! I definitely know how you feel about achieving something that at times you weren't sure if you could carry on. I felt the very same with my masters at one point!

Well done!!

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

congratulations on finishing!! That's great news! I recommend you get your law degree though, because it might be quite difficult to get jobs in the future and anything extra will help. Although Australia's doing quite well, isn't it?

The picture of the cat made me star in disbelief. It looks so much like my old cat Martha. I had her for 14 years and I still miss having a cat. Such a beautiful one too.

Unknown said...

Yay, Imogen! Congratulations. What a huge weight of your shoulders. Now comes the hard part - deciding what to do with your life with all those degrees :) Tehehe.

HoneyBunny said...

Congratulations! :*