Fitness Blog IconInstagram-Logo-1indexj]blog-lovin-icon_zpsbf482c6a

Features

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Photo an Hour

I've wanted to complete a photo an hour post for ages now but I've only just got around to it. This is a fairly typical Saturday for me.

7am: I woke up at 7am and got ready for the weekly Saturday morning Parkrun; if I'm free I'll always attend the Parkrun. As it was raining outside I went for my Nike Free Run shoes rather than my usual Nike Flyknit Lunar pair. Yay for colourful shoes!
8am: this is the start time for the run. This week I achieved a personal best time of 26 minutes and 36 seconds. It's the first time I've gone under 27 minutes for the 5km. I'm so happy as I wasn't expecting to reach this goal for a couple more months. 


9am: I went to the post office to collect a couple of packages which had been waiting for me for almost a week. Luckily the line wasn't out the door this time. One of the deliveries was my Finding Nemo jumper from JayJays. It's very appropriate given the amount of swimming I'm doing and my goal to reach one million metres. 
10am: involved a walk around the shops. Unfortunately no exciting spending as I am still feeling the impact of buying a car (TOTALLY worth it!!) The display at Peter Alexander was very pretty. I couldn't believe the staff were wearing pyjamas as their uniforms- let's all get a job there.

11am: since I'm very involved in sports these days, I love a good walk around Rebel Sport. In addition to my pre-existing addiction to clothes, bags and shoes, I now have to deal with my ever-present desire to buy sports related products. I love being in a sports store and especially like looking at all the pretty colourful Nike shoes. 
12am: time for an early lunch at Hog's Breath with the husband. We don't see much of each other during the week so it's good to catch up over a Saturday lunch. I usually have the Mexicana chicken wrap from Hog's Breath.

1pm: had some time at home browsing the Internet and catching up on the online world.  An exciting discovery is that B.A.I.T Footwear appear to have released the 'Robbie Heels' in Lavender and Purple shades. This is especially amazing since I often think purple is such an overlooked colour for clothes and shoes. I will wait until next pay day to see if I may be able to add them to my collection. 
2pm: decided I should use the afternoon to get in some swimming training. This of course, involves a drive in my pretty little Fiat Daisy.  
  
3pm: completed my swimming training and also used the spa and sauna (which is the reason for going to this particular pool a lot lately).  I just wish the sauna wasn't quiet so hot as I have trouble staying in there longer than 10 minutes. A spa, however, is enjoyable for a very long time. 
4pm: an afternoon drink seems like a good idea just now.
  
5pm: I'd better tidy the house a little after all the mess which has accumulated from a standard week. No motivation to do much but putting my clothes away is better than nothing. 
6pm: started this blog post and worked on a few others which are coming up in the next couple of weeks. I really need to get back into blogging and commenting more regularly.
  
7pm: as it's a night in after a busy week, it's time to bring out the heat up toys! On the right we have Gerald who is the original in my collection and a very good friend. Last week we bought unicorn Misty and giraffe Steve.  
8pm: just updating my facebook and messaging a couple of friends.

9pm: more time on the computer. As it's coming to the end of the day it's a good chance to examine my fitbit stats. I've had a fitbit for a week now and it's so interesting. I love how motivational it can be tracking all activities and having goals to reach. The sleep section has been the most interesting for me so far. 
10pm: packing my bags for a 7am swim in the morning with my friends. It'll also be a relatively early night because of this; hopefully I'll fall asleep in the next hour or so.  

What did you do today? 

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved the description of your day dear Imogen! I planned to do a similar post, but never did :) One day, there's time :) So I loved yours, very nicely written and share - I loved the sneakers, the Parkrun (wish I like sports, more... need to go back to flamenco - the dancers and I used to call it as "Spanish aerobics" :) it did wonders, truly). I like that you swim, too, you are amazing! The Finding Nemo jumper is so sweet! Loved the lavender shoes, you are right - purple is an overlooked color for fashion. And the toys are very sweet as well! Don't worry about comments, just love your life - as a blogger friend told me once, when I was MIA, "life is what happens when we are out of the web". I can see you enjoyed your day! Hop you have a great weekend!
DenisesPlanet.com

AVY said...

I so admire your energy.

/Avy

http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

Vision By Mila said...

Seing that fitbit update makes me realize I must start working out already!

laura said...

I'd never remember to do this for a whole day, though I love seeing what other people get up to! xx

Launna said...

Wow Imogen, I am not sure I would remember to take the pictures and basically my life is a little boring... lol... It looks like you had a full day... Congratulations on your personal best, this wonderful xox

Rebecca said...

What a fun post! Loved to read about your day! Sounds like it was full! Your funding Nemo jumper is just too cute! I think I would love to work I'm that store where they get to wear pajamas. Sounds like fun!

Rebecca http://www.winnipegstyle.ca/Blog/

Emmylou said...

Whew! You've had a busy day! I feel tired just reading it:D But seriously...way to go, Imogen, esp. with your swimming.

And OMG! How cute are your toys! :)

Couture Carrie said...

Love this idea. Fab pics!

xoxox,
CC

BEAUTYEDITER.COM – Beauty Blog said...

I’m in love! This is so beautiful. Hope you have an amazing new week!

Style For Mankind
Facebook
Bloglovin

Shybiker said...

Love Daisy! Always enjoy seeing pictures of her.

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

What a cool project! thanks for sharing your day with us! You got a lot done!

Red Rose Alley said...

I love these posts the best, Imogen. It shows and little of this and a little of that, and it lets me see what's going on in your world. Your clothes look organized, and you have so many different styles and colors to wear. Hey, maybe you could do a post about your closet some time! I think it would be interesting. That drink looks so yummy.

Have a nice Sunday, dear. :)

love, ~Sheri

Vita said...

Wow you're really active! Running and swimming - it sounds like a great way to start the day.

Kezzie said...

I ALWAYS forget photo an hour!!! Your day looks brilliant! Wow, love the racks of clothes and that pool looks nice!!!!!!x

Midnight Cowgirl said...

What a fun post! Congrats on your run time :)

Lostvestige said...

I love photo an hour posts. It's so interesting to catch a glimpse into someone's day. This sounds like it was a just a lovely day filled with fun activities :D

Wynne Prasetyo said...

wow good job taking notes of what you have done all day, what a great way to document and appreciate the little things too. keep it up girl!

June said...

What a fun post idea! I loved reading this!!
xx
www.JuneWantsItAll.com

Ivana Split said...

your day is so full of activities! It is amazing you were able to fit both park running and swimming in the same day. You're really good at sports. Congrats on reaching your personal best in the park, running that distance under 27 minutes is seriously impressive. I need to start exercising regularly again.

Those pink sneakers are adorable! yay for nice pop of colour on a rainy day.

http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

cat eyes & skinny jeans said...

I totally need to find a job where pajamas are the uniform - loves it!

xx

Silver Cat Tea Party said...

Wow! Such a busy day! <3

Natasha said...

It's great to read about all of your sports and fitness updates, it's inspiring me to get outside and be active! I love your additions to your collection too, the unicorn is so cute! Loved this post Imogen, nice to see a slice of your day as well, looks like the weather has been nice and sunny too. Thanks for the kind words on my last post too! - Tasha

Herry Johnson said...

We are delighted that you are considering the College of Fitness Courses in Sydney to start, your sporting education journey. The College of Sport & Fitness (CSF), primary mission is but not limited to The current courses will provide all learners with the necessary tools, methods and techniques to become specialized professionals in their chosen field of sports, whilst providing the learner with a structured learning pathway and practical experience.

Blogger said...

YoBit lets you to claim FREE COINS from over 100 different crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha once and claim as much as coins you need from the available offers.

After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and resume claiming.

You can click claim as many times as 30 times per one captcha.

The coins will held in your account, and you can convert them to Bitcoins or Dollars.